Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CALABACITAS


I recreated this recipe from my memory of eating Calabacitas years ago in a little Mexican restaurant in downtown Phoenix.


Olive oil

Onion - chopped

Zucchini - chopped

Crookneck squash - chopped

Corn

Shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper


Heat oil in a skillet (I used garlic-infused olive oil). Sautee onions for a 5 minutes, then add squash and salt and pepper, and cook until fairly tender. Add corn. Heat through. Sprinkle on cheese. Serve hot. This is a great way to use up all that zucchini that seems to appear overnight in the garden.

Kim

1 comment:

Sweet Life Garden said...

Thanks Kim, I have been waiting for this recipe. I have had enough zucchini bread for the summer. This looks nice and simple,yet hearty. I needed some ideas for dinner tonight, this looks just right. Jill